GMail + Googgle Doc is improving but can be BETTER!

In this week, Gmail introduces some significant changes in terms of document viewing and creation by working together with Google Document. For example, you can now create a document from your email (this is a lab function, go to your setting, add the lab features, then it will appears in your Gmail account).

Also when your email has an attachment which is pdf format, Gmail now provides a better pdf view (last time they show you the pdf file in terms of text, with a lot of errors display, e.g. no image, and some space are missing) by opening the pdf attachment withi Google Document. So you get a nearly exact looking by using the desktop Acrobat reader. One screenshot example as follows:

However, I think these are not enough, there are some very important features need to be added:

1) Let us share the pdf file and display as webpage from Google Document, now when I write a blog, I can only put jpg, or gif (through Google Document), there is no way I can share a pdf file on my blog even I upload to Google Document. This is unlike gif file, where I can upload to Google Ducument, and published it in my blog.

2) Let us save the images or part of the attachments to Google Document, rather than the whole email.

I can't wait to see these useful features in Google Document!


Click here for more Google Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search for a Tips